Field of Fortune aims to put in place procedures to prevent the abuse of gambling and the increase of compulsive gamblers. Gaming is a form of entertainment enjoyed by millions of people around the world and many gamblers play without experiencing any problems. However, some people can become addicted to this type of entertainment.
People can get addicted to gambling. Having a one-time losing streak will not change your life but losing sufficient amounts of money on a regular basis indicates signs of compulsive gambling. Problem gambling causes disruptions in any major area of life: psychological, physical, social or vocational. It usually begins in adolescence in men and later in women.
This behavior usually progresses from occasional gambling to habitual gambling. The urge to gamble becomes so great that the tension can only be relieved by more gambling. Higher stakes and personal risks become involved, as well as neglect of other interests, family, and work.
1. Prevention of the urge to develop addictive behavior is challenging and may not always be possible. Counselling may benefit people who are prone to compulsive gambling or other addictive behavior. People with close relatives who are compulsive gamblers might be at higher risk and should be especially careful.
2. Take a look at these questions and see whether they apply to you.- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
3. If you replied YES to any or some of these questions, then you are urged to ask for help or contact one of the following:- Global Gambling Guidance Group – www.gx4.com
- Gordon House Therapy Services – www.gordonhouse.org.uk
- Gambling Therapy – www.gamblingtherapy.org
- GamCare – www.gamcare.org.uk
4. Gambling filters and active prevention:- Net Nanny – www.netnanny.com
- Gam Block – www.gamblock.com
- Bet Filter – www.betfilter.com
-FIELD OF FORTUNE INTERNAL PROCEDURES & REGULATIONS
1. Field of Fortune endorses a policy of responsible gaming and seeks to address this problem in a number of ways:- Employees are trained to recognize problem gamblers and take appropriate actions when they identify compulsive or underage gambling;
- a membership can be cancelled and a gambler prevented from using the site, if such gamer asks Field of Fortune to do so;
- procedures profiling players and identifying a players’ age are in place in order to prevent and preclude underage gaming; and
- Upon request the player’s mail address can be removed from Field of Fortune email list.
2. In accordance with its Responsible Gaming Policy Field of Fortune also gives the opportunity to the player to limit the amount that the player may wager. A player may by written notice or electronic notice to Field of Fortune.- set a limit on the amount the player may deposit within a specified period of time;
- set a limit on the losses the player may incur within a specified period of time;
- set a limit on the amount of time the player may play in any one session;
- Exclude the player from playing for a definite or indefinite period of time.
3. A player who has set a limit or exclusion under this regulation may change or revoke the limit or exclusion by written notice or electronic notice given to Field of Fortune.
4. A notice increasing or revoking a limit or decreasing the exclusion has effect only after seven (7) days after Field of Fortune has received the notice. A notice reducing a limit or increasing the exclusion has effect immediately after it is received by Field of Fortune.
5. Field of Fortune shall not accept a deposit from a player contrary to a limit or exclusion set by the player himself.
6. Field of Fortune is also prohibited, through its internal policies and controls as well as the legislation of the state of Malta, from giving any form of credit to players or any form of loan.